A tablet based solution for a virtual sandtray presents many advantages over a conventional physical based sandtray.
The use of tablet presents many advantages:
- The hardware is affordable: you likely already own the required hardware
- Portable - not tied down to one location or limited models in a travel tray
- Ability to treat clients that can't and/or won't work with a physical tray
- The youth of today are attracted and already engaged in the use of tablets
The use of a software program on a tablet medium allows new features to be used:
- Virtual Sandtray allows trays to be saved
- A physical sandtray does not allow a tray to be saved for use by the client
- A user can reopen a prior session, allowing them to expand and explore
- The program has an autosave feature that is enabled by default. The setting is per user, can be enabled/disabled and can be setup to save on 3, 5 and 10 minute intervals. There are five files saved total, with the oldest being discarded.
- The therapist can email the saved file to supervisors, professors or anyone as appropriate.
- Screenshots can be taken with Virtual Sandtray
- What you see on the screen is what gets captured, the controls disappear momentarily
- Pictures taken are accessible from the gallery on the device
- Pictures can be emailed, whether it be to the client, parents or supervisor
- Trays can be shared with colleagues.
- Explore the main components of Virtual Sandtray to see more features